The Professional Dairy Producers Foundation board made funding decisions for education projects for dairy producers and their communities.
- The Foundation is proud to be the primary sponsor of Cornerstone AcademyTM, offered by the Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin (PDPW), a two-day educational training focusing on developing the "soft skills" of students, dairy producers coming back to the farm and professionals starting their career.
- The Dairyland Initiative for their work providing the latest scientific and educational resources that dairy producers can use to provide welfare friendly facilities and care for their animals.
- The New York Animal Agriculture Coalition was awarded funds to enhance their birthing center that reached more than 160,000 people at the New York State Fair.
- The New York State 4-H Foundation, Inc. for the New York State Junior DAIRY LEADER Program, a year-long program that gives teens the opportunity to explore career options in agriculture while building personal, professional and leadership skills.
- The Foundation will continue to support the PDPW Youth Leadership Derby and Dairy Mentor Program, two programs that develop the next generation.
- The Foundation will once again sponsor Agricultural Community Engagement Twilight Meetings and PDPW’s Visible Voice program, a communications training curriculum for dairy producers.
“These programs clearly align with the Foundation's mission,” said Logan Bower, dairy producer and chair of the Foundation Board. “They provide educational resources that build producer professionalism and maintain public trust in what we do.”
The Professional Dairy Producers Foundation awards grants to non-profit organizations who share the Foundation’s passion and vision for education in dairy communities. Grant dollars are available to those organizations with unique ideas in the following two focus areas: 1) Building producer professionalism, or 2) Maintaining public trust.
The next granting period begins now, with grant applications due June 1, 2014. Organizations may apply for grants of up to $5,000. The maximum amount given to any one organization will be $5,000. For grant criteria and an application package, visit www.dairyfoundation.org.
The Professional Dairy Producers Foundation is a producer-led 501(c)(3) charitable organization that raises funds for educational programs throughout the United States. The Foundation supports programs that develop the skills of our dairy producers and youth and maintain public trust. For more information on programs funded and ways to donate, visit www.dairyfoundation.org.