The Pierce County Herald reports bacteria from raw milk served at a Raymond, Wisconsin school event was the reason 16 people became sick earlier this month.
A nearby dairy family whose children attend the school provided the raw milk. Lab tests showed a strain of bacteria found in stool samples of the sick individuals matched a sample of bacteria taken from a bulk tank at the farm.
The raw milk was not sold at the school and the dairy did not break any laws by supplying the drinks.
For more information click here.
Source: Pierce County Herald