For good reasons, more and more dairy producers are calving out their heifers at younger ages. That requires extra management attention for those heifers, to assure they calve successfully. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk provides several guidelines for those producers managing their heifer programs in this fashion.
Should you calve heifers younger?
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?