For good reasons, more and more dairy producers are calving out their heifers at younger ages. That requires extra management attention for those heifers, to assure they calve successfully. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk provides several guidelines for those producers managing their heifer programs in this fashion.
Should you calve heifers younger?
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- Dairy markets: Milk production report sends markets lower
- Dean spin-off of WhiteWave: Silk beating milk one year later
- Rhode Island names Wright's Dairy Farm as Outstanding for 2014
- U.S. June milk production up 1.9 percent
- 6 Gizmos to remove calf-raising Guesswork