For good reasons, more and more dairy producers are calving out their heifers at younger ages. That requires extra management attention for those heifers, to assure they calve successfully. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk provides several guidelines for those producers managing their heifer programs in this fashion.
Should you calve heifers younger?
- Farmers descend on Alltech's Global event in Normandy, France
- Work happiness factors ranked in new survey
- Commentary: Connecting the dots
- When It Comes To How Pizza Looks - Cheese Matters
- Innovation Center: Whey to go! Dairy's place in sports recovery
- Calves with Sam: Auto-Feeders Need to be Cleaned, Too