For good reasons, more and more dairy producers are calving out their heifers at younger ages. That requires extra management attention for those heifers, to assure they calve successfully. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk provides several guidelines for those producers managing their heifer programs in this fashion.
Should you calve heifers younger?
- THE ag parody you've been waiting for
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CME, CWT, Cold Storage
- Millennial Profiles: Lauren Holterman, Dairy Scientist
- Wheat, beans exceptions to the bullish ag rule Tuesday
- Follow 3 A's to help pass the 'down cow' test
- Livestock, cotton futures outperformed other ag markets Tuesday