For good reasons, more and more dairy producers are calving out their heifers at younger ages. That requires extra management attention for those heifers, to assure they calve successfully. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk provides several guidelines for those producers managing their heifer programs in this fashion.
Should you calve heifers younger?
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance