Soon enough, spring will give way to summer, so it’s not too early for dairy producers to be thinking about that summertime mastitis control program. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk outlines several pre-emptive steps that a producer can take to lessen the chances of a mastitis outbreak in the herd, and therefore avoid a spike in somatic cell counts in the bulk tank.
Summertime mastitis control
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?