Soon enough, spring will give way to summer, so it’s not too early for dairy producers to be thinking about that summertime mastitis control program. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk outlines several pre-emptive steps that a producer can take to lessen the chances of a mastitis outbreak in the herd, and therefore avoid a spike in somatic cell counts in the bulk tank.
Summertime mastitis control
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance