Ever so steadily, we’re moving closer to harsh winter weather. This week, Kansas State University dairy specialist Mike Brouk asks dairy producers if their operations are ready for winter’s worst. He says now is the time to go through a checklist of things that need to be done around your facilities, well before the temperatures turn bitterly cold and the snow starts to build up.
Take steps to winterize your dairy
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?