Ever so steadily, we’re moving closer to harsh winter weather. This week, Kansas State University dairy specialist Mike Brouk asks dairy producers if their operations are ready for winter’s worst. He says now is the time to go through a checklist of things that need to be done around your facilities, well before the temperatures turn bitterly cold and the snow starts to build up.
Take steps to winterize your dairy
- New crop cottonseed market rallies in face of tight supplies
- Corn and soybean prices continue to retrace 2012 drought rally
- Ag markets generally mixed to start this week
- USDA announces Conservation Reserve Program sign-up
- South Dakota State University dairy faculty works With USAID
- What are the drivers of profit in your dairy herd?