Ever so steadily, we’re moving closer to harsh winter weather. This week, Kansas State University dairy specialist Mike Brouk asks dairy producers if their operations are ready for winter’s worst. He says now is the time to go through a checklist of things that need to be done around your facilities, well before the temperatures turn bitterly cold and the snow starts to build up.
Take steps to winterize your dairy
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast