Heat stress on dairy cows is always a concern. It can be extra discomforting to cows “in transition” during those three or so weeks ahead of calving. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk asks dairy producers to pay particular attention to ways of abating that heat stress for transition cows this summer.
Transition heat stress
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- John Deere’s 2014 product launch heavy in hay equipment