Heat stress on dairy cows is always a concern. It can be extra discomforting to cows “in transition” during those three or so weeks ahead of calving. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk asks dairy producers to pay particular attention to ways of abating that heat stress for transition cows this summer.
Transition heat stress
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine
- Dairy markets: In search of equilibrium
- Livestock markets lagged crop futures in early Thursday action
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Boggess named U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center director
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Product prices, April margins, dairy CPI