Heat stress on dairy cows is always a concern. It can be extra discomforting to cows “in transition” during those three or so weeks ahead of calving. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk asks dairy producers to pay particular attention to ways of abating that heat stress for transition cows this summer.
Transition heat stress
- Replacement dairy cow prices continue to surge
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- Dairy promotion directors elect board officers
- USDA Farm Service Agency county committee elections begin Nov. 3
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning
- Dairy markets: It's a bear out there