USDA announced two final rules and a termination of a proceeding that permanently adopt amendments to the Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal milk marketing orders.
• establish a mileage rate factor using a fuel cost adjustor used in the transportation credit provisions of the Appalachian and Southeast orders;
• increase the maximum transportation credit assessment rate for both orders; establish a zero diversion limit standard on loads of milk requesting transportation credit;
• adjust the Class I pricing surface for the Appalachian, Florida and Southeast orders;
• adjust certain features of the diversion limit, touch-base and transportation credit provisions for the Appalachian and Southeast orders; and
• increase the maximum administrative assessment for the Appalachian, Florida and Southeast marketing orders.
These amendments were approved by producers in the three marketing orders. The amendments become effective on May 5.
USDA is also terminating a proceeding for two remaining proposals. Information about the final rules and the terminated proceeding will be published in the May 2 Federal Register.
For additional information about the decisions contact:
Appalachian: Harold H. Friedly
P.O. Box 91528
Louisville, KY 40291-0528
Tel. (502) 499-0040; e-mail: email@example.com
Florida and Southeast: Patrick S. Clark
1550 North Brown Rd., Suite 120
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Tel. (770) 682-2501; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org