The Obama Administration, with Agriculture Secretary Vilsack's leadership, has aggressively worked to expand export opportunities and reduce barriers to trade, helping to push agricultural exports to record levels. U.S. agriculture is currently experiencing its best period in history thanks to the productivity, resiliency, and resourcefulness of our producers and agribusinesses. Today, net farm income is at record levels while debt has been cut in half since the 1980s. Overall, American agriculture supports 1 in 12 jobs in the United States and provides American consumers with 83 percent of the food we consume, while maintaining affordability and choice. Strong agricultural exports contribute to a positive U.S. trade balance, create jobs, boost economic growth and support President Obama's National Export Initiative goal of doubling all U.S. exports by the end of 2014.
USDA preserved $4 billion in agricultural exports in 2012
- THE ag parody you've been waiting for
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CME, CWT, Cold Storage
- Millennial Profiles: Lauren Holterman, Dairy Scientist
- Wheat, beans exceptions to the bullish ag rule Tuesday
- Follow 3 A's to help pass the 'down cow' test
- Livestock, cotton futures outperformed other ag markets Tuesday