Big is celebrated in many ways because it often equates to success. Big farming often gets a bad rap, but farms often grow in size to sustain more family members. Big doesn’t mean that a farm isn’t a family business. This video was taken at the event titled "Lights, Camera, Food: Perceptions and Realities of Farming and Ranching in America," The event took place June 20-21.
Why are big farms often not considered family farms?
- Dairying in a warzone
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Dairy podcast: Mark and Bob scratching their heads about markets