Tulare, Calif. - Results are in for World Ag Expo's Top-10 New Products competition. The winners will be showcased February 14-16, 2012 during the 45th annual World Ag Expo in Tulare, California.
"The Top-10 new products are a favorite "must-see" among World Ag Expo visitors," said 2012 World Ag Expo chairman, Patty Colson. "Attendees should make sure to stop by the New Products center to view this year's winners."
A group of judges made up of farmers, ranchers and industry professionals selected the Top-10 New Products. The winners will be showcased inside the New Product Pavilion on Expo Lane and R Street.
2012 Top-10 New Products:
• ai24's SCR HR-Tag by Micro Dairy Logic, Amarillo, Texas
A new tag that tracks cow rumination and activity levels to provide unique insight into cow well-being and reproductive status.
• DeLaval AMR by DeLaval, Inc., Vernon Hills, Illinois
The first and only automated milking system for rotary milking parlors.
• Durablend by EnviroTech Services, Inc., Greeley, Colorado
An enhanced chloride dust control and road stabilization product that provides a more efficient, longer-lasting and more environmentally-friendly alternative to typical chloride treatments.
• SuperSleeve by Fowler Nurseries, Inc., Newcastle, California
A more durable tree sleeve offers better, longer spray and sunburn protection for new orchards.
• Hoof-Tec Complete Footbath System by Hoof-Tec Footbath Solutions, Shreveport, Louisiana
A one-step process to simplify control of hoof diseases in dairy cows.
• Oxbo 9120 Raspberry Harvester by Oxbo International, Lynden, Washington
A new raspberry harvester designed and built to pick only the highest-quality fruit.
• SawStop by SawStop LLC, Tualatin, Oregon
An innovative table saw that prevents operator injury in the blink of an eye.
• iCropTrak by ScanControl Inc., Pleasanton, California
A new iPad app lets farmers and ranchers take their office to the field.
• DewPoint 6110 by Staheli West, Inc., Cedar City, Utah
A baling system with steam puts hay growers in control of their hay harvest schedules.
• Valley Tire Pressure Monitor by Valley Irrigation, Valley, Nebraska
This center pivot tire pressure monitor system lets irrigators check tire pressure at the control panel or remotely.
2012 Honorable Mentions:
• ColoQuick MAXX Colostrum Mngmt. System by Golden Calf Co. LLC, Bloomer, Wisconsin
A clean and simple way to manage colostrum.
• Defender Locking Gooseneck Coupler by B&W Trailer Hitches, Humboldt, Kansas
Unique gooseneck coupler makes trailer hookup easy.
• Electric Planter Drive by Graham Equipment, Sterling, Colorado
New kit offers easy way to upgrade planters with individual row shut-offs.
• HealMax by AgroChem, Inc., Saratoga Springs, New York
Breakthrough treatment offers three ways to control heal warts.
• Joker by Horsch Anderson, Andover, South Dakota
High-speed disc minimizes tillage passes as it prepares seedbed.
• Nutware by Nut Software, Atwater, California
New software tracks nuts from tree to final destination.
• Simply Dump It by MAS Unlimited, Salem, Oregon
Pivoting handles make wheelbarrows safer, easier to use.
• TwistIIClean by Claude Lavel Corporation (LAKOS), Fresno, California
New inline water filter simplifies cleaning in agricultural and residential applications.
• Waterproof V-Neck Scrub by Udder Tech, Inc., Lakeville, Minnesota
New scrub keeps dairy workers dry in wet jobs.