The demand for fluid milk for yogurt production has exploded, at least in one part of the country. And it’s a trend that dairy producers everywhere, including here in the Central Plains, should watch closely, according to K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. He views this as a value-added marketing opportunity, which he discusses further this week.
Yogurt provides growth for the dairy market
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?