DFA Cares Food Drive honors National Ag Day
In honor of National Ag Day, Dairy Farmers of America, Inc. (DFA), through its DFA Cares Foundation, is kicking off the DFA Cares Food Drive to raise awareness for and help address the needs of hungry Americans. FULL STORY »
DFA: Dodd-Frank Act could limit cooperative’s ability to offer risk-management tools
The ability to manage against risk has become increasingly important for dairy farmers in the face of persisting low milk prices and rising input costs. FULL STORY »
Northeast Dairy Farmers Attack Settlement Proposal
Dairy farmers who say attorneys representing them are not looking out for their best interests have filed opposition to the proposed settlement submitted in the class action antitrust lawsuit in the U.S. District Court in Burlington, Vt. Acting on behalf of its dairy farmer owners, Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.
FULL STORY »
DFA: Earth Day Tip Sheet - Sustainability & Dairy
For generations, dairy farmers have engaged in sustainable practices, protecting the land and their animals in order to keep farms successful over several lifetimes. In honor of Earth Day, consider the following ways that Dairy Farmers of America, Inc. (DFA) and its farmer owners demonstrate sustainability is not just a day-long celebration but a way of life.
FULL STORY »
DFA Board Appoints New Chairman
Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.’s (DFA) Board of Directors has elected Randy Mooney to the position of Board chairman. Mooney takes the position formerly held by Tom Camerlo, who passed away in December. Also at the election meeting, the Board named Wayne Palla first vice chair.
FULL STORY »
Grocery chain cheesed at DFA
More birds have come home to roost in the case of Dairy Farmers of America and its questionable trading activities on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. A grocery store chain in Connecticut has filed suit in U.S. District Court claiming that DFA and four defendants bought large amounts of cheese to distort and manipulate the market. FULL STORY »
Another “unauthorized” payment at DFA
A special committee investigating the unauthorized payment of $1 million from former Dairy Farmers of America CEO Gary Hanman to former board chairman Herman Brubaker has turned up another one — this time, $185,500 to Mississippi dairy producer Buckey Jones. FULL STORY »
DFA announces new Farm Services Division
Action consolidates the oversight of several member services, including risk management, health insurance, financial services and bulk buying programs. FULL STORY »
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast