Ellen Kanner for the Huffington Post writes pork and beef lobbies feel the threat of vegans and the Meatless Monday movement.
Kanner’s blog response cites an article by Pork magazine’s editor, Marlys Miller. Kanner cites research showing that cutting back on meat production will help the environment by conserving natural resources used in animal farming. The facts she quotes are from meatlessmonday.com. She says three major health threats, cancer, heart disease and diabetes are linked to eating meat. She says most Americans eat 45% more meat than the USDA recommends.
The blog response cites both the article by Miller and the Meatless Monday video by meatlessmonday.com. To see the video and blog post, click here.
Source: Huffington Post
Blogger Defends Meatless Monday
- Collect Colostrum Sooner rather than Later
- Thursday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cow culling slips 12% behind last year
- SCR partners with Nestlé to establish Chinese dairy institute
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- Food Babe visits my university
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs