Ellen Kanner for the Huffington Post writes pork and beef lobbies feel the threat of vegans and the Meatless Monday movement.
Kanner’s blog response cites an article by Pork magazine’s editor, Marlys Miller. Kanner cites research showing that cutting back on meat production will help the environment by conserving natural resources used in animal farming. The facts she quotes are from meatlessmonday.com. She says three major health threats, cancer, heart disease and diabetes are linked to eating meat. She says most Americans eat 45% more meat than the USDA recommends.
The blog response cites both the article by Miller and the Meatless Monday video by meatlessmonday.com. To see the video and blog post, click here.
Source: Huffington Post
Blogger Defends Meatless Monday
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- Innovation Center: Whey to go! Dairy's place in sports recovery