The Calgary Herald reports Cargill will receive $3 million in grant money from the Alberta Livestock and Meat Agency to assist with improvements at its High River plant.
The plants upgrades will total $42 million. The Alberta Livestock and Meat Agency’s contribution is from the federal-provincial growing forward program and will be distributed over the next two years. The growing forward program will invest $273 million into Alberta’s agriculture industry between 2009 and 2013.
The plant’s upgrades will meet changing requirements for export shipping allowing Cargill to potentially triple its beef exports to Asia.
For more information click here.
$3 Million Grant Awarded For Cargill Upgrades
- Friday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cold storage report bullish for butter
- Ag markets closed mostly higher again Friday
- Most ag markets traded firmly Friday morning
- Dairy Herd columnist Mess named social media farmer of the year
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high