Lely to host 'Economics of Robotic Milking' webinar
Lely, a world leader in robotic milking systems, will host, “Economics of Robotic Milking,” an online discussion featuring Tom Anderson, an Adult Farm Business Management Instructor with Riverland Community College, Aug. 19, at noon (CST). FULL STORY »
When it comes to calf nutrition, do you know your numbers?
Calf raising practices across the country can be very different and each farm has its own way of raising their calves. However, the end goal on most calf operations is universal: to raise calves economically in order to achieve optimal performance once they freshen. FULL STORY »
Milk Quality Focus: The whys of dry cow management
Dry cow management is a critical opportunity for producers and their employees to help prepare cows for the next lactation. FULL STORY »
A powerful tool to help protect against Salmonella Newport
Salmonella can cause significant disease in cattle, affecting animal health, milk yield, reproductive performance and feed efficiency. FULL STORY »
Dean Foods grant provides free access to Dairyland Initative
The University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine has received a $50,000 grant from the Dean Foods Foundation to make its web-based resources available to dairy producers at no cost. FULL STORY »
DuPont seeks exit from paints business to focus on farms
DuPont is exploring the sale of its once-lucrative performance chemicals unit, turning its back on the unpredictable paint business to focus on its thriving food and agriculture products. FULL STORY »
- EPA in hot water over proposed CWA rule
- DHM Southeast: Dairy events in Florida, update on Burdette/Stiles
- Calves with Sam: Read ALL the directions!
- Footrot can be more problematic in wet years
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- DHM Midwest: MN Farm Families of the year, new interns, and golf
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- Dairy markets: Milk production report sends markets lower
- Dean spin-off of WhiteWave: Silk beating milk one year later
- Rhode Island names Wright's Dairy Farm as Outstanding for 2014
- U.S. June milk production up 1.9 percent
- 'Peak soil' threatens future global food security