The Queensland Times reports JBS S.A. has added a $22 million hide salting facility to Swift’s Dinmore site in Australia.
The facility adds 50 employees and will process as many as 6,000 hides per day. The facility allows Swift to keep hides in house rather than shipping them overseas. The facility reuses salt and water previously used elsewhere at the plant.
The hide salting facility brings the total to over $400 million the parent company JBS has invested in Swift Australia and JBS CEO Wesley Batista says there are future investments planned to grown business in Australia. JBS purchased Swift Australia in 2007.
For more information click here.
JBS Extends Investment In Australia With Hide Salting Plant
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?