The East Oregonian reports Threemile Canyon Farms will build a $16 million methane digester and power plant under its subsidiary, TMF Biofuels.
The subsidiary will build the digester using solid waste revenue bonds which will be repaid with revenue from Threemile Canyon Farms, a dairy operation with 22,000 milk cows. The methane digester was built a year ago with a $1 million price tag. The digester was used in a pilot project using manure from 1,000 to 1,500 cows to power the dairy.
Threemile Canyon Farms is in Boardman, Oregon.
For more information click here.
Dairy Farm Begins On Plans For $16 Million Methane Digester
- Collect Colostrum Sooner rather than Later
- Thursday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cow culling slips 12% behind last year
- SCR partners with Nestlé to establish Chinese dairy institute
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- Food Babe visits my university
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs