The East Oregonian reports Threemile Canyon Farms will build a $16 million methane digester and power plant under its subsidiary, TMF Biofuels.
The subsidiary will build the digester using solid waste revenue bonds which will be repaid with revenue from Threemile Canyon Farms, a dairy operation with 22,000 milk cows. The methane digester was built a year ago with a $1 million price tag. The digester was used in a pilot project using manure from 1,000 to 1,500 cows to power the dairy.
Threemile Canyon Farms is in Boardman, Oregon.
For more information click here.
Dairy Farm Begins On Plans For $16 Million Methane Digester
- Friday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cold storage report bullish for butter
- Ag markets closed mostly higher again Friday
- Most ag markets traded firmly Friday morning
- Dairy Herd columnist Mess named social media farmer of the year
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high