The East Oregonian reports Threemile Canyon Farms will build a $16 million methane digester and power plant under its subsidiary, TMF Biofuels.
The subsidiary will build the digester using solid waste revenue bonds which will be repaid with revenue from Threemile Canyon Farms, a dairy operation with 22,000 milk cows. The methane digester was built a year ago with a $1 million price tag. The digester was used in a pilot project using manure from 1,000 to 1,500 cows to power the dairy.
Threemile Canyon Farms is in Boardman, Oregon.
For more information click here.
Dairy Farm Begins On Plans For $16 Million Methane Digester
- Minn.’s Peterson aims to hang onto House Ag Committee role, seat
- Baise: EPA's new water definition would devastate business
- DHM Numbers: Cow culling; replacement prices
- Thursday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Drought wars: Calif. drought vs. Dust Bowl