AgInfo.net reports the EPA and Oregon Department of Agriculture inspectors has fined Misty Meadow Dairy for discharging runoff contaminated with manure into waterways that empty into Tillamook Bay.
The inspectors found the dairy emptying the contaminated runoff into Dougherty and Hoquarten Sloughs on January 12, 2010 without authorization by a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permit.
Misty Meadow Dairy agreed to pay a penalty of $7,650 and have taken action to correct the issue. The runoff was caught early enough to prevent any significant impact on the waterways.
For more information click here.
EPA Fines Oregon Dairy For Violating Clean Water Act
- Friday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cold storage report bullish for butter
- Ag markets closed mostly higher again Friday
- Most ag markets traded firmly Friday morning
- Dairy Herd columnist Mess named social media farmer of the year
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high