AgInfo.net reports the EPA and Oregon Department of Agriculture inspectors has fined Misty Meadow Dairy for discharging runoff contaminated with manure into waterways that empty into Tillamook Bay.
The inspectors found the dairy emptying the contaminated runoff into Dougherty and Hoquarten Sloughs on January 12, 2010 without authorization by a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permit.
Misty Meadow Dairy agreed to pay a penalty of $7,650 and have taken action to correct the issue. The runoff was caught early enough to prevent any significant impact on the waterways.
For more information click here.
EPA Fines Oregon Dairy For Violating Clean Water Act
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs