Six World Ag Expo attendees are particularly glad they attended the 2011 expo - the winners of this year's give-aways:
· Tuesday, Honda MUV: Jane Yeung, Sacramento, grower of tomatoes, cucumber seed, corn and more.
· Wednesday, Honda MUV: Kelly Kelley, Frazier Valley, Ca., a horse rancher.
· Wednesday, Trimble Yuma Rugged Tabled computer: Tyler Nino, Tulare.
· Thursday, Honda MUV: Scott Thompson, Stockton, CA
· Thursday, Massey Ferguson: David Neil, Tangent, OR
· Thursday, Toyota Tundra/FFA fundraiser: William Camp, Acton, CA
"One of the things that makes World Ag Expo unique is the diversity of exhibits, the diversity of attendees and the quality of the attendees," noted 2011 Chairman Lee Coito. "From rice to citrus, dairy to agrichemicals, our exhibitors show it all, along with some surprises like personal aircraft. And the beauty of it is, exhibitors of all types find
The competition in the Forage Challenge, sponsored by Mycogen Seeds, gets tougher every year, as the word spreads and more farmers enter. The first-place winners this year are:
· Alfalfa hay, Lazy 2K Livestock, Kellie Hinman, Wheatland, NY
· Corn silage, Royal Turf Farms, Kelly Callahan, Royal City, WA
· Brown mid-rib corn silage, Tony Borba Dairy, Escalon, CA
The $18,000 in cash prizes was sponsored by Lallemand Animal Nutrition North America.
World Ag Expo celebrates its 45th anniversary Feb. 14-16, 2012, under the leadership of volunteer Chairman Patti Coito. For details and information, visit worldagexpo.com