Soon enough, spring will give way to summer, so it’s not too early for dairy producers to be thinking about that summertime mastitis control program. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk outlines several pre-emptive steps that a producer can take to lessen the chances of a mastitis outbreak in the herd, and therefore avoid a spike in somatic cell counts in the bulk tank.
Summertime mastitis control
- Friday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cold storage report bullish for butter
- Ag markets closed mostly higher again Friday
- Most ag markets traded firmly Friday morning
- Dairy Herd columnist Mess named social media farmer of the year
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high