Soon enough, spring will give way to summer, so it’s not too early for dairy producers to be thinking about that summertime mastitis control program. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk outlines several pre-emptive steps that a producer can take to lessen the chances of a mastitis outbreak in the herd, and therefore avoid a spike in somatic cell counts in the bulk tank.
Summertime mastitis control
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do
- Dairy calf care: Get a handle on dystocia data
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo