Soon enough, spring will give way to summer, so it’s not too early for dairy producers to be thinking about that summertime mastitis control program. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk outlines several pre-emptive steps that a producer can take to lessen the chances of a mastitis outbreak in the herd, and therefore avoid a spike in somatic cell counts in the bulk tank.
Summertime mastitis control
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
ReaShure® Precision Release Choline