Excuse us for paying a lot of attention to Carrie Underwood and the Peterson Farm Brothers, but every time their name appears in a headline, the story registers huge numbers with readers.
In fact, four of the top 10 news stories that appeared on the Dairy Herd Network this year involved country music star Underwood or the up-and-coming music stars from Kansas farm country, the Peterson Brothers.
The top story involving Ms. Underwood’s opposition to “ag-gag” laws in Tennessee drew 143 reader comments.
Here are the stories that received the most clicks or page views from readers this year (hyperlinked and listed in order):
- Carrie Underwood tweets rage over Tenn. “ag gag” bill (April 22)
- Peterson Farm Bros. nail Katy Perry ‘Roar’ parody (Dec. 10)
- Chobani's yogurt recall prompts federal probe (Sept. 5)
- Six things moms get wrong at the grocery store (April 15)
- THE big Super Bowl surprise (Feb. 3)
- Carrie Underwood's tweet sent numbers through the roof (June 4)
- ‘got milk?’ Super Bowl ad gets mixed reviews (Feb. 4)
- New dairy music parody rocks the web (March 28)
- McDonald’s says ‘thanks’ to dairy farmers (Nov. 14)
- Will Smith dethroned in latest Peterson Farm Bros. parody (June 17)