New Richmond News Reports five fire departments responded to a calf barn which caught fire near Somerset, Minnesota later Thursday night.
The initial crew responded to the fire at 11:37 p.m. Thursday night. Crews responded early enough to save the structure and all cattle in the barn were able to escape unhurt. The barn is owned by John and Georgine Schottler who run a large dairy operation.
The scene was cleared at 2:30 a.m. Fire crews from St. Joseph, Somerset, Hudson, New Richmond and Roberts responded to the fire.
For more information click here.
5 Fire Crews Respond To Minnesota Dairy Barn Fire
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do