New Richmond News Reports five fire departments responded to a calf barn which caught fire near Somerset, Minnesota later Thursday night.
The initial crew responded to the fire at 11:37 p.m. Thursday night. Crews responded early enough to save the structure and all cattle in the barn were able to escape unhurt. The barn is owned by John and Georgine Schottler who run a large dairy operation.
The scene was cleared at 2:30 a.m. Fire crews from St. Joseph, Somerset, Hudson, New Richmond and Roberts responded to the fire.
For more information click here.
5 Fire Crews Respond To Minnesota Dairy Barn Fire
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Commentary: The worst meat to eat
- 2015 milk prices now looking more like 2013, 2011
- Minn. farm wins court case, power companies to buy 138 acres
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?
- Jersey Island chooses direction 6 years after 250-year import ban