New Richmond News Reports five fire departments responded to a calf barn which caught fire near Somerset, Minnesota later Thursday night.
The initial crew responded to the fire at 11:37 p.m. Thursday night. Crews responded early enough to save the structure and all cattle in the barn were able to escape unhurt. The barn is owned by John and Georgine Schottler who run a large dairy operation.
The scene was cleared at 2:30 a.m. Fire crews from St. Joseph, Somerset, Hudson, New Richmond and Roberts responded to the fire.
For more information click here.
5 Fire Crews Respond To Minnesota Dairy Barn Fire
- Dairying in a warzone
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order