Ag markets diverged at Monday's close
Corn futures closed higher on Monday. Gains in wheat and soybeans were supportive. Weekly export inspections came in at 30.2 million bushels - on the high side of expectations. FULL STORY »
Activist charged in undercover video case
The undercover video case surrounding Quanah Cattle Co., a company that buys bull calves from dairy farms, took an unusual turn as authorities arrested an undercover activist for allegedly not reporting the abuse in a timely manner. FULL STORY »
Introducing Minnesota in numbers
Today, I want to introduce to you a new Dairy Star column, Minnesota in Numbers. It is a new project I started last month with the support of the Minnesota Milk Producers Association. FULL STORY »
Southern Dairy Conference focuses on dairy collaboration
“Dairy Collaboration” is the theme of the 40th Annual Southern Dairy Conference to be held Jan. 13 through 15 at the Embassy Suites, Atlanta Airport in Atlanta, Ga. FULL STORY »
Corn market functioning as needed?
Corn prices managed a small rally following the USDA’s Nov. 8 Crop Production report that contained a corn production forecast that was not quite as large as feared. FULL STORY »
Is a flexible farm land rent arrangement in your portfolio?
Landowners and tenants are looking to updating their land rental arrangements and rental rates to reflect the volatile commodity markets. FULL STORY »
How does your calf feeding program measure up?
With cold weather looming, calves energy requirements will be increasing greatly in the coming weeks. Calf starter consumption plays an important role in providing your calves with the energy they need, when they need it most. FULL STORY »
- Will Santa bring a farm bill this Christmas?
- Trading places: Dairy farmer, fire chief switch roles
- Feeding a growing world population starts from the ground up
- Ag markets proved generally firm in late Friday trading
- D.C. Watch: More farm bill pressure
- Dairy Council of California to serve for five more years
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced