Milk quotas, carbon footprints, feed and fertility, employee training, branding to a new generation of consumers... no issue in the dairy industry will be left behind at GLIMPSE 2020: the 29 Annual Alltech International Symposium. The event in Lexington, Ky., USA, from May 19-22 will deliver a dynamic agenda that aims to cover every issue in the dairy industry down to the last drop of milk.
New in 2013, Alltech International Symposium delegates will have the opportunity to select breakout session tracks. These tracks, as opposed to traditional species or subject breakouts, will offer attendees a more holistic experience in which they take part in discussions ranging from algae and agriculture’s carbon footprint to nutrition and marketing.
“We will be examining topics outside the traditional realm of dairy production numbers and how to feed our herds to be more efficient,” said Patrick Charlton, chairperson for the dairy fertility-related track at Symposium. “We will be tackling issues that affect the entire dairy industry from the cow to the gallon of milk at the grocery store- rising milk prices and feed costs, health concerns over the nutritional value of milk, and the daily blogs, tweets and posts from activists worried about animal husbandry and the quality of their milk- we plan to cover it all.”
Dairy-focused breakout session tracks are:
- You Are What You Eat: Better Health Through Better Nutrition and the Role of DHA
- Reimagining Nutrition: Proteins, Fats, Fibers and Amino Acids
- Is At-Home Milk Delivery the Wave of the Future?
- Problem-Solvers: A Day in the Life of the Dairy Workers Program
- The ACE Principal: Friendly to the Animal, the Consumer and the Environment: Total Replacement Technology
- Improving the Cow: Two Lactations per Cow.
- Big Herds, Big Problems: China is a Nutritionist’s Dream.
- A Glimpse of the Milk Market Globally: How the removal of milk quotas will open up opportunities for the efficient and the forward thinking while possibly becoming the death knell of many more farmers.
- Risk, Remediation and Solution: Mycotoxin Management
Dairy industry members will also get the opportunity to fully explore the topic of carbon footprint through an entire track dedicated to the issue:
- Carbon: Here Comes the Bill
- Global Warming: Is it Real?
- The 4 Point Plan: Know Your Carbon Footprint and Lower Your Taxes.
- Embrace the Carbon Footprint: How the Irish have embraced the carbon footprint to improve their green image.
- Agriculture, Will it be Less Toxic?