Mastitis costs farmers $200 per cow per year, making it the most expensive dairy cow disease. Farmers can utilize Dairy Herd Improvement tests to monitor somatic cell counts, the most effective way to detect mastitis, in their herds. DHI tests will allow farmers to evaluate the quality of their mastitis control programs, allowing them to reduce mastitis losses.
Dairy Herd Improvement tests help reduce mastitis losses
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Dairy markets: A mid-week pop to the upside
- As debate rages, GMO labeling votes loom in Oregon, Colorado
- Businesses urge Obama to fast-track Asian trade deal
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- NMPF adds Bongards-MN, Mount Joy-PA, Cortland & Oneida-Madison-NY