Mastitis costs farmers $200 per cow per year, making it the most expensive dairy cow disease. Farmers can utilize Dairy Herd Improvement tests to monitor somatic cell counts, the most effective way to detect mastitis, in their herds. DHI tests will allow farmers to evaluate the quality of their mastitis control programs, allowing them to reduce mastitis losses.
Dairy Herd Improvement tests help reduce mastitis losses
- Undercover dairy video leads to animal abuse allegations
- Research shows consumer demand for transparency on food
- Ag producers should do income tax planning before year-end
- Raw milk report just ‘tip of the iceberg’
- Greenhouse gas: Another reason to connect with consumers
- Will Santa bring a farm bill this Christmas?