Mastitis costs farmers $200 per cow per year, making it the most expensive dairy cow disease. Farmers can utilize Dairy Herd Improvement tests to monitor somatic cell counts, the most effective way to detect mastitis, in their herds. DHI tests will allow farmers to evaluate the quality of their mastitis control programs, allowing them to reduce mastitis losses.
Dairy Herd Improvement tests help reduce mastitis losses
- Crop markets generally strong at midday Monday
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note
- Keeping nutrients in the field and out of tile lines
- Combating the Heat in Dairy Herds
- Earthworms help Fresno State clean dairy wastewater