Mastitis costs farmers $200 per cow per year, making it the most expensive dairy cow disease. Farmers can utilize Dairy Herd Improvement tests to monitor somatic cell counts, the most effective way to detect mastitis, in their herds. DHI tests will allow farmers to evaluate the quality of their mastitis control programs, allowing them to reduce mastitis losses.
Dairy Herd Improvement tests help reduce mastitis losses
- Friday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cold storage report bullish for butter
- Ag markets closed mostly higher again Friday
- Most ag markets traded firmly Friday morning
- Dairy Herd columnist Mess named social media farmer of the year
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high