Dairy producers already do an exceptional job of managing against antibiotic residues in milk, according to K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. Nonetheless, in light of recent reports of residues showing up in the food supply, producers need to remain diligent in their use of antibiotics. He offers suggestions along that line this week.
Dairy antibiotic management
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?