The weather is warming up, and that means that dairy producers will need to activate their herd fly control programs soon. Flies are more than just a nuisance, according to K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. They impede productivity and spread disease, and as he emphasizes this week, dairy calves are especially vulnerable.
Dairy fly control
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?