The weather is warming up, and that means that dairy producers will need to activate their herd fly control programs soon. Flies are more than just a nuisance, according to K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. They impede productivity and spread disease, and as he emphasizes this week, dairy calves are especially vulnerable.
Dairy fly control
- Green milk returns in time for St. Patrick’s Day
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Bill would keep farmer’s private information private
- Land availability top young farmer concern
- USDA expands support for small, mid-sized farmers and ranchers
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CWT sales, dairy cattle auctions