Elwynn Taylor, Iowa State University meteorologist, explains that the impact of the drought could continue if the states of Iowa and Illinois have less than 18 inches of moisture to recharge droughty soils by the end of planting 2013, and that will require above normal rainfall as of Oct. 1 through the end of June.
Drought could continue without soil recharge
- THE ag parody you've been waiting for
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CME, CWT, Cold Storage
- Millennial Profiles: Lauren Holterman, Dairy Scientist
- Wheat, beans exceptions to the bullish ag rule Tuesday
- Follow 3 A's to help pass the 'down cow' test
- Livestock, cotton futures outperformed other ag markets Tuesday