Elwynn Taylor, Iowa State University meteorologist, explains that the impact of the drought could continue if the states of Iowa and Illinois have less than 18 inches of moisture to recharge droughty soils by the end of planting 2013, and that will require above normal rainfall as of Oct. 1 through the end of June.
Drought could continue without soil recharge
- Why both Liberals and Conservatives are wrong about immigration
- Novartis opens animal health books to Bayer, others
- Corn silage pricing
- Lead negotiator sees January finish for overdue U.S. farm bill
- Boehner says expiring US farm bill should get 1-month extension
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’