Mike Stambaugh, University of Missouri research assistant professor, Department of Forestry, specializes in dendrochronology, the science of tree ring analysis. He reports droughts have lasted decades in North America and the fourth or fifth longest during the last 1,000 years was 1908 to 1938.
Drought could last decades according to history
- Undercover dairy video leads to animal abuse allegations
- Answering the call to bring dairy to food banks
- Research shows consumer demand for transparency on food
- Lack of farm bill leaves farmers to face uncertainty in 2014
- Ag markets moved mostly lower on Tuesday
- Shrinking feed costs push 2014 milk prices higher