Mike Stambaugh, University of Missouri research assistant professor, Department of Forestry, specializes in dendrochronology, the science of tree ring analysis. He reports droughts have lasted decades in North America and the fourth or fifth longest during the last 1,000 years was 1908 to 1938.
Drought could last decades according to history
- Dairy Focus: Meeting set on dairy portion of farm bill
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Missouri dairy farmers urge legislation veto
- Bread and butter: Investors pile into Australia's dairy sector
- EU provides aid to dairy sector after Russian ban
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31