Mike Stambaugh, University of Missouri research assistant professor, Department of Forestry, specializes in dendrochronology, the science of tree ring analysis. He reports droughts have lasted decades in North America and the fourth or fifth longest during the last 1,000 years was 1908 to 1938.
Drought could last decades according to history
- Green milk returns in time for St. Patrick’s Day
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Bill would keep farmer’s private information private
- Land availability top young farmer concern
- USDA expands support for small, mid-sized farmers and ranchers
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CWT sales, dairy cattle auctions