MADISON, Wis. – Ten exciting products received recognition this week in the Dairy Herd Management Innovative Awards competition.
The 10 winners were chosen from among 47 entries. An independent panel of dairy farmers, agribusiness representatives and university experts evaluated the products for originality, usefulness and value to dairy producers.
In separate voting, readers were asked to pick their favorite in a People’s Choice competition.
“Innovation drives productivity in agriculture and every other business,” says Tom Quaife, editor and associate publisher of Dairy Herd Management. “Innovation in agriculture is more important than ever with the growing world population. In fact, food production will need to increase by 70 percent by the year 2050 in order to keep up.”
This is the third year that Dairy Herd Management has sponsored the Innovation Awards.
In no particular order, the Top 10 honorees are:
- Heatime HR-LD from SCR Dairy.
- Apollo Milk System from GEA Farm Technologies.
- MIone Multi-Box Automatic Milking System from GEA Farm Technologies.
- AX51 with Munters Drive from Munters Corporation.
- Immunity+ from Semex.
- Dairy Care365 Training Series from Merck Animal Health.
- farmBolus from eCow Ltd.
- IDEXX Milk Pregnancy Test from IDEXX.
- Breeding to Feeding from Genex Cooperative and Wulf Cattle.
- Igenity Dairy Heifer Program from Neogen Corporation.
The People’s Choice winner is the IDEXX Milk Pregnancy Test. This inaugural award garnered well over 3,000 votes.
Winners were announced Tuesday, Oct. 1 at the Dairy Herd Management reception at the World Dairy Expo in Madison, Wis.