Join the Northeast Organic Farming Association Of New York (NOFA-NY) on Nov. 4, 2011 for our first Annual Organic Dairy and Field Crop Conference at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Syracuse, NY, featuring experienced organic keynote speakers: Ed Maltby, Executive Director of the Northeast Organic Dairy Producers Alliance, and Mary-Howell Martens, Owner of Lakeview Organic Grain, LLC.
The following workshops will be presented at this year’s Organic Dairy and Field Crop Conference:
• Conscientious Care of Organic Dairy Animals-Hubert Karreman, VMD
• Diversifying Your Dairy with Local Organic Meats-Bill Eklund
• Diverse Grazing Practices- Nathan Weaver and Robert Zufall
• Crop Rotation, Cultivation and Weed Control in Row Crops-Klaas and Mary-Howell Martens
• Nutrient Density in Grain Crops-Kevin Engelbert & Professor Margaret Smith
• Healthy Soils for a Healthy Farm-Heather Darby and Dr. Cindy Daily
• Growing & Marketing Food-Grade Grains-Glenda Neff, Elizabeth Dyck and Thor Oechsner
NOFA-NY encourages new farmers and established conventional farmers interested in transitioning to organic to attend. NOFA-NY, Certified Organic LLC staff will be available throughout the day to answer certification questions.
How to Register:
Register online at www.nofany.org/dairyconference or register by phone with Katie, Membership & Registration Coordinator at (585) 271-1979 ext. 512.
Registration Costs: *Early bird discount save $5 if you register before October 4th.
NOFA-NY Member: $35
Guests of NOFA-NY Member (2 person limit): $25 each
Children 12 and under: Free
Lunch is an organic community potluck! Please bring a dish to share.
This conference is partially made possible through the generous Founding Sponsorships of Horizon Organic and Organic Valley/CROPP Cooperative.