The Promoting Growth in All Regions report concludes with a number of findings and policy recommendations that are important for rural economies. They include:
- Investing in less-developed regions makes good economic sense;
- A pro-growth strategy focused on the assets of the region is the most beneficial and sustainable approach;
- Policies that support education and training for low-skilled workers are critical;
- Infrastructure development has the greatest impact when coordinated with other development policies;
- Formal and informal institutions that facilitate communication and collaboration in the region are vital.
To learn more, visit Rural Development’s new interactive web map featuring program funding and success stories for the past four fiscal years.