Agricultural processor Archer Daniels Midland Co. is apologizing to Cedar Rapids residents for a humming noise coming from a plant that may have aroused some of them from their sleep.
Plant officials say a pipe at ADM's corn wet milling facility broke loose from a blower, creating a low humming noise some residents noticed.
A company spokesman said workers shut down the blower on the roof of the building early Tuesday and the noise stopped. Repairs made to the equipment are expected to solve the problem.
Cedar Rapids police say they received only one complaint about the noise.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
ADM Apologizes For Noisy Plant
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant