Agricultural processor Archer Daniels Midland Co. is apologizing to Cedar Rapids residents for a humming noise coming from a plant that may have aroused some of them from their sleep.
Plant officials say a pipe at ADM's corn wet milling facility broke loose from a blower, creating a low humming noise some residents noticed.
A company spokesman said workers shut down the blower on the roof of the building early Tuesday and the noise stopped. Repairs made to the equipment are expected to solve the problem.
Cedar Rapids police say they received only one complaint about the noise.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
ADM Apologizes For Noisy Plant
- The new line on your milk check — spore counts
- Cropp: October dairy situation and outlook
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs