Producer leaders of Dairy Management Inc., the National Dairy Promotion and Research Board and the United Dairy Industry Association elected the following dairy producers as 2004-05 officers at their joint annual meeting in Reno in late October.
New DMI officers are:
Chairman – Paul Rovey, Glendale, Ariz.
Vice Chairman – Ed King, Schuylerville, N.Y.
Secretary – Mary Cameron, Hanford, Calif.
Treasurer – Jerry Messer, Richardton, N.D.
DMI, which manages the national dairy producer checkoff program, is funded by the NDB and the UDIA.
New NDB officers are:
Chairman – Charles “Woody” Bryant, Austin, Ark.
- Vice Chairman – Lester Hardesty, Greeley, Colo.
- Secretary – Rita Kennedy, Valencia, Pa.
- Treasurer – Claude Bourbeau, St. Albans, Vt.
The 36-member NDB, formed in May 1984 under the authority of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, carries out coordinated promotion and research programs to help build demand and expand domestic and international markets for U.S.-produced dairy products. NDB oversees the national dairy producer checkoff, to which all dairy producers contribute.
New UDIA officers are:
Chairman – William Siebenborn, Trenton, Mo.
- 1st Vice Chairman – Neil Hoff, Windthorst, Texas
- 2nd Vice Chairman, American Dairy Association® (ADA) Chairman – David Weitzer, Poolesville, Md.
- 2nd Vice Chairman, National Dairy Council® (NDC) Chairman – Buckey Jones, Smithdale, Miss.
- 2nd Vice Chairman, member relations – Glen Schroeder, Caledonia, Minn.
- Secretary – Steve Frischknecht, Manti, Utah
- Treasurer – Ralph McNall, Fairfax, Vt.
UDIA is a federation of state and regional producer-funded dairy promotion organizations providing marketing programs that are developed and implemented in coordination with its members. UDIA is overseen by a board comprised of dairy producers elected by their respective boards of their member organizations.
New ADA officers are:
Chairman – David Weitzer
- Vice Chairman – Jerry Messer
- Secretary – Bill Travis, Princeton, Ky.
- Treasurer – Gerald Fieser, DeLeon Springs, Fla.
ADA is the domestic marketing arm of DMI.
New NDC officers are:
Chairman – Buckey Jones
- Vice Chairman – Paul Broering, St. Henry, Ohio
- Secretary – Donna Sharp, Bath, S.D.
- Treasurer – Charles Beckendorf, Tomball, Texas
NDC, found in 1915, is the producer checkoff-funded nutrition education and communications arm of DMI and provides nutrition information through national, state and regional dairy council organizations.
Dairy Management Inc.