The East Oregonian reports Threemile Canyon Farms will build a $16 million methane digester and power plant under its subsidiary, TMF Biofuels.
The subsidiary will build the digester using solid waste revenue bonds which will be repaid with revenue from Threemile Canyon Farms, a dairy operation with 22,000 milk cows. The methane digester was built a year ago with a $1 million price tag. The digester was used in a pilot project using manure from 1,000 to 1,500 cows to power the dairy.
Threemile Canyon Farms is in Boardman, Oregon.
For more information click here.
Dairy Farm Begins On Plans For $16 Million Methane Digester
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?