The Plymouth Common Council approved a $750,000 forgivable loan allowing the DFA finance a $13.4 million upgrade to its cheese processing plant north of Milwaukee.
Work on the upgrade is scheduled to begin in the second quarter of 2011 and would finish by the end of the year. The loan will be forgiven if the plant continues to employ over 300 full-time equivalent employees throughout the next five years. The plant, which currently employs 357 people, will not add jobs but will ensure existing jobs remain there.
For more information click here.
Dairy Farmers Of America Secures Loan For Cheese Processing Plant
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31