Large flocks of starlings around dairy facilities are more than just a nuisance…they steal feed from the bunks and can cause considerable sanitation problems. Warding those birds away before they settle in for a long stay is the secret to control, according to K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. This week, he offers some suggestions on contending with starlings.
Dairy Feeding: Starling Control Tips
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Dairy markets: A mid-week pop to the upside
- As debate rages, GMO labeling votes loom in Oregon, Colorado
- Businesses urge Obama to fast-track Asian trade deal
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- NMPF adds Bongards-MN, Mount Joy-PA, Cortland & Oneida-Madison-NY