Large flocks of starlings around dairy facilities are more than just a nuisance…they steal feed from the bunks and can cause considerable sanitation problems. Warding those birds away before they settle in for a long stay is the secret to control, according to K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. This week, he offers some suggestions on contending with starlings.
Dairy Feeding: Starling Control Tips
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?