Dairy Feeding: Starling Control Tips
Large flocks of starlings around dairy facilities are more than just a nuisance…they steal feed from the bunks and can cause considerable sanitation problems. Warding those birds away before they settle in for a long stay is the secret to control, according to K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. This week, he offers some suggestions on contending with starlings.
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower