Large flocks of starlings around dairy facilities are more than just a nuisance…they steal feed from the bunks and can cause considerable sanitation problems. Warding those birds away before they settle in for a long stay is the secret to control, according to K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. This week, he offers some suggestions on contending with starlings.
Dairy Feeding: Starling Control Tips
- Farmers descend on Alltech's Global event in Normandy, France
- Work happiness factors ranked in new survey
- Commentary: Connecting the dots
- When It Comes To How Pizza Looks - Cheese Matters
- Innovation Center: Whey to go! Dairy's place in sports recovery
- Calves with Sam: Auto-Feeders Need to be Cleaned, Too