LE MARS, IA. — Fire damaged a dairy farm in Le Mars on Friday afternoon after ground hay caught fire in a large storage facility.
Crews from Le Mars fire and rescue responded to the fire at Dykstra Dairy. No one was injured.
There was only minor damage, but about 10,000 gallons of water was needed to put out the flames. It took crews about three hours to get the fire under control.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
Hay Catches Fire At Le Mars Dairy Farm
- The other crops couldn't duplicate Thursday night soy gains
- Minn.’s Peterson aims to hang onto House Ag Committee role, seat
- Baise: EPA's new water definition would devastate business
- DHM Numbers: Cow culling; replacement prices
- Thursday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday