LE MARS, IA. — Fire damaged a dairy farm in Le Mars on Friday afternoon after ground hay caught fire in a large storage facility.
Crews from Le Mars fire and rescue responded to the fire at Dykstra Dairy. No one was injured.
There was only minor damage, but about 10,000 gallons of water was needed to put out the flames. It took crews about three hours to get the fire under control.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
Hay Catches Fire At Le Mars Dairy Farm
- Post-wean digestion impaired in intensive-fed rapidly weaned calf
- Massage and mooo-d music soothe Vietnam's Miss Milk Cow
- Meeting to showcase anaerobic digester for renewable energy
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Dairy CPI mostly higher in September
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs