LE MARS, IA. — Fire damaged a dairy farm in Le Mars on Friday afternoon after ground hay caught fire in a large storage facility.
Crews from Le Mars fire and rescue responded to the fire at Dykstra Dairy. No one was injured.
There was only minor damage, but about 10,000 gallons of water was needed to put out the flames. It took crews about three hours to get the fire under control.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
Hay Catches Fire At Le Mars Dairy Farm
- Farm Bureau: EPA must withdraw irregular, biased rulemaking
- 'Farmland' now streaming on Hulu
- Sept. 1 grain stocks estimates provide no support for prices
- Dairy markets: GDT, CME move lower
- Ag markets were decidedly mixed in Wednesday night action
- Bolin, Huffard, Van Tassell, and Lindsay receive awards
- First sights of World Dairy Expo 2014
- Slideshow: World Dairy Expo opens to big crowd
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Early Wednesday World Dairy Expo photographs
- Select Sires offers new ear-tag based herd management system
- U.S. dairy decries EU-Canada trade agreement market barriers