A professor from Kansas State University has been chosen to serve on an international panel on climate change.
Chuck Rice is a distinguished professor of agronomy. He'll be one of two lead authors from the U.S. for a chapter on agriculture in a report by the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
The report is expected to be released in 2014.
Rice calls the job a "tremendous honor and responsibility." He says policymakers worldwide must be equipped with the best and latest scientific information as they respond to climate issues.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
Kansas State Professor Named To Climate Change Panel
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs