A professor from Kansas State University has been chosen to serve on an international panel on climate change.
Chuck Rice is a distinguished professor of agronomy. He'll be one of two lead authors from the U.S. for a chapter on agriculture in a report by the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
The report is expected to be released in 2014.
Rice calls the job a "tremendous honor and responsibility." He says policymakers worldwide must be equipped with the best and latest scientific information as they respond to climate issues.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
Kansas State Professor Named To Climate Change Panel
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?