Milk-feed ratio spikes
After hovering around 3.0 for the last six months, the USDA announced the March milk-feed ratio at 3.21 on Thursday. Analysts say that conditions are favorable for milk production when the ratio is above 3.0. The USDA calculates the value by subtracting the feed price from the current milk price. The feed price is based on the typical dairy ration and the prices for corn, soybeans and alfalfa.
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do