Milk receipts are climbing seasonally throughout the country with Southern locations seeing large volumes as spring flush begins in the South and works northward over the next few months.
Lighter Class I demand with many schools/universities out on holiday/spring breaks has caused larger volumes to move into manufacturing channels. Plant capacity should be adequate due to the brief duration.
Cream demand has improved as warmer weather stimulates ice cream and mix interest and production as well as for holiday items such as dips, sour and whipped cream.
Milk Report: Receipts Climbing Seasonally
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant