Milk receipts are climbing seasonally throughout the country with Southern locations seeing large volumes as spring flush begins in the South and works northward over the next few months.
Lighter Class I demand with many schools/universities out on holiday/spring breaks has caused larger volumes to move into manufacturing channels. Plant capacity should be adequate due to the brief duration.
Cream demand has improved as warmer weather stimulates ice cream and mix interest and production as well as for holiday items such as dips, sour and whipped cream.
Milk Report: Receipts Climbing Seasonally
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- Video: Evaluating corn silage processing in the field
- National Mastitis Council Annual Meeting set for Feb. 1-3, 2014
- Tuesday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: CWT export sales; dairy replacement auctions
- Recount upholds Missouri’s ‘Right to Farm’