Consumers want to know that dairy products are safe, wholesome and nutritious, and that animals receive the highest level of care, says Tom Gallagher, chief executive officer of DMI. “A national program will create a strong platform on which we can further build consumer confidence.”
NMPF and DMI have assembled an advisory panel to help guide the overall direction of Dairy FARM. The panel is comprised of dairy experts and industry professionals representing many facets of the industry.
Members of the Dairy FARM advisory panel include:
- Stan Andre, California Milk Advisory Board
- Marguerite Copel, Dean Foods
- John Frey, Pennsylvania Center for Dairy Excellence
- Mary Kamm, Safeway Inc.
- John Kennedy, Kraft Foods
- Shelly Mayer, Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin
- M. Gatz Riddell, American Association of Bovine Practitioners
- Allen Sayler, International Dairy Foods Association
- Lynn Schmoe, Washington Dairy Products Commission
Dairy animal care is a top priority for producers throughout the country, says Gatz Riddell, executive vice president of the American Association of Bovine Practitioners. “I’m pleased that NMPF and DMI are taking the appropriate step by launching the National Dairy FARM Program.”
Source: National Milk Producers Federation, Dairy Management Inc.