Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin is holding two milker training programs for Hispanic employees next week.
The first session is scheduled for Feb. 4 at Blue Star Dairy Farms in Arlington, Wis.
Another session will take place Feb. 5 at Majestic Meadows Dairy, LLC in Sheboygan Falls, Wis.
The workshops are limited to 20 students per session.
- Overview of good milking procedures.
- Understanding the cow: Cow behavior, milk letdown reflex, udder anatomy and somatic cell count.
- Understanding the milk equipment: Milker unit, pulsation system, milk flow, automatic "take offs" and sanitation.
- Learning about mastitis: contagious and environmental.
- Harvesting milk quickly and completely.
- Avoiding new cases of mastitis and maintaining healthy teats.
- Parlor efficiency: cows per hour, cow movement, team work and more.
The training will be taught in Spanish. This workshop includes two hours of classroom time complimented by two hours of parlor training. Sessions begin at 9:45 a.m. and conclude at 3 p.m.
Registration is $150 per person per day for PDPW members (Non-members $200) This fee includes lunch and training materials. Register by Feb. 1.
For more information, or to register, go to: www.pdpw.org Or call (800) 947-7379.
Source: Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin