MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Officials are releasing a newly developed 10-year plan to boost the state's food and farm economy and improve access to healthy local food.
The Vermont Farm to Plate Investment Program was created during the 2009 legislative session to improve the state's food system.
Over the past 18 months, the Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund has involved more than 1,200 Vermonters to develop a 10-year strategic plan.
The Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund will release the highlights of the plan to lawmakers on Wednesday.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.
Plan Developed To Boost Vermont Food & Farm Economy
- Friday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cold storage report bullish for butter
- Ag markets closed mostly higher again Friday
- Most ag markets traded firmly Friday morning
- Dairy Herd columnist Mess named social media farmer of the year
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high