Dairy Management Inc. (DMI), which manages the national dairy checkoff program, and the National Dairy Shrine partner each year to award scholarships to encourage college students to pursue careers in dairy product marketing. Londa Johnson of LaCrescent, Minn., received $1,500 as the recipient of the 2009 National Dairy Shrine/DMI Milk Marketing Scholarship. Johnson is a dairy science major with a minor in business and professional communication at the University of Wisconsin – River Falls.
In addition, six other students received $1,000 scholarships. They include:
- Jessica Achen of Sauk Centre, Minn., who attends the University of Minnesota
- Stephanie Beeman of Carlisle, Pa., who attends Penn State University
- Skylar Ryll of Royalston, Mass., who attends Cornell University
- Charlie Schiller of Freeport, Minn., who attends the University of Minnesota
- Brandon Thesing of Winona, Minn., who attends the University of Minnesota
- Abby Udermann of Sartell, Minn., who attends the University of Minnesota
The scholarships will be presented Oct. 1 at the National Dairy Shrine awards banquet at the 2009 World Dairy Expo in Madison, Wis.
Source: Dairy Management, Inc.