Yesterday the states of
“Our three states’ industries have a lot of similarities,” said Dennis Wolff, Pennsylvania ag secretary. “And with the importance they represent throughout the country, producers in the Northeast have an opportunity to gain more market share through coordination of resources with the states working together as one.”
Under the agreement, the three states will:
- Establish a vision and promote profitability for the region’s dairy industry.
- Use aggressive efforts to market the region to producers and processors.
- Perform cooperative dairy research within the state institutions.
- Combine the resources of the three state departments of agriculture.
- Create an advisory board with members from each of the states including producers, processors as well as representatives from academia, government and research.
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture