Amarillo, TX Tue Jan 15, 2013 USDA-TX Dept of Ag Market News
Amarillo Livestock Auction Summary, Amarillo, TX - 01/14/2013
***This report will not be released on Monday, January 21, 2013 as our offices
will be closed in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. If you have
any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.***
Cattle and Calves: 537 Last Week: 1311 Year Ago: 954
Not enough comparable sales on any class of cattle for an adequate market
trend. A lower undertone was noted on a few loads of yearling heifers available
in the offering. Trade activity and demand were light to moderate. The area
received some much needed rain last week but freezing temperatures came into the
area over the weekend. Slaughter cows and bulls made up 2 percent, less than 1
percent replacements and 98 percent feeders. Feeder supply consisted of 18
percent steers and bulls, 82 percent heifers. Near 83 percent of the run
weighed over 600 lbs.
Steers: Medium and Large 1 few 617 lbs 150.00; lot 680 lb calves 152.00; lot
784 lbs 143.50.
Medium and Large 1-2 few 912 lbs 129.00.
Holsteins: Large 3 few 559 lbs 88.00; few 671 lbs 91.00; few 717 lbs 90.00.
Feeder Bulls: Medium and Large 1 few 790 lbs 134.50.
Heifers: Medium and Large 1 450-500 lbs 145.00-146.00; 550-600 lbs 134.00-
135.00; few 802 lbs 129.00.
Medium and Large 1-2 350-400 lbs 165.00-173.00; load 723 lbs 127.50; 750-800
Medium and Large 2 650-700 lbs 120.00-121.00; few 835 lbs 117.50; lot 917
Percent Lean Weight Avg Dressing Hi Dressing Lo Dressing
Boning 80-85 1100-1700 79.50 82.50 69.00-73.50
Lean 85-90 1000-1400 68.00-71.75
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 Young individual 1000 lbs 3-6 months bred
Source: USDA-TX Dept of Ag Market News Service, Amarillo, TX
806/372-6361 – Amarillo.email@example.com
USDA-TX 24 hour price information 806-372-3494 or 800-252-3407
Amarillo, TX Auction Summary
- Dairy markets: Spot butter dips below $2/lb.
- Zoetis hires new marketing manager
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed Wednesday night
- Mom at the Meat Counter: What’s in a food label? Antibiotic-free
- Post-wean digestion impaired in intensive-fed rapidly weaned calf
- Massage and mooo-d music soothe Vietnam's Miss Milk Cow
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- Food Babe visits my university
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand