Jefferson City, MO Mon May 21, 2012 MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News
Bowling Green- Eastern Missouri Commission Company
Feeder Cattle Auction Report for 05/18/12
Receipts: 741 Week Ago: 1330 Year Ago: 1020
Compared to last week, not enough feeders for adequate price test. Demand
moderate to good on a cow special, mostly weigh cows, bred cows and pairs.
Slaughter cows firm to 1.00 higher. Supply light, near 50 pct cows.
Feeder Steers: Medium and Large 1 small pkg 422 lbs 191.00; pkg 520 lbs
177.00; pkg unweaned 597 lbs 157.50; two pkgs 645-665 lbs 153.00-162.00
Feeder Heifers: Medium and Large 1 pkg 360 lbs 178.00; few small pkgs
410-480 lbs 170.00-176.00; few 510-530 lbs 155.00-161.00. Medium and Large
1-2 pkg 485 lbs 168.00; load partly fatten with few steers 972 lbs 120.10.
Feeder Bulls: Medium and Large 1 pkg 360 lbs 196.00; pkg 440 lbs 190.50;
Pkg 550 lbs 157.00; pkg 638 lbs 142.00.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Breakers 70-80 87.00-94.00 94.00-98.50 80.00-86.00
Boners 80-85 87.00-94.00 94.00-99.00 79.50-86.00
Lean 85-90 85.50-92.50 92.50-97.50 75.50-83.50
Outstanding Ind 108.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2
1450-2250 lbs 103.50-107.50 107.50-112.50 90.50-97.50
Slaughter Steers and Heifers: (6 head )
pkg Select and Choice 2 1145 lbs 115.25
Bred Cows: Medium few Large 1-2 3-6yrs 1000-1200 lbs in 3rd stage 1575.00-
1775.00; 2-7yrs 900-1250 lbs in 2nd stage 1400.00-1600.00 per head.
Pairs: Medium few Large 1-2 4-7yrs 1000-1400 lbs w50-250 lb calves 1750.00-
2100.00; pkg broken mouths 1100 lbs w200-250 lb calves 1475.00 per pair
Source: MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Bowling Green, MO
Roger Parker, Market Reporter 573-751-5618
24 hour recorded report 1-573-522-9244
Bowling Green Livestock Auction MO
No matching related articles at this time.
- Ag markets diverge just before the long holiday weekend
- Study suggests dairy herd water quality linked to milk production
- Wis. lawmakers question challenges to large wells
- Traders evening up positions ahead of the weekend Friday
- Bio-Vet and Keller break ground on new facility
- NOAA: Get ready for a busy hurricane season
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- White House urges Senate to cut crop insurance in farm bill
- Class III futures close out quietly last week
- 4 rules for growing a business or industry
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated
- Ongoing wave of Calif. metal theft prompts further legislation